Religious Intolerance Bred From Tolerance For Other Religions

I am shocked and appalled at the behaviour of fellow Muslims towards the shrines of Aulia-e-Allah which they wrongly believe to be the strongholds of shirk, thinking that masses of people worship these maza'arat. I wouldn't go in a long debate on this but if we learn the Ahadith of the Prophet P.B.U.H, these allegations would have nullified themselves before gaining any popularity. At one occasion holy Prophet P.B.U.H has been quoted to have said:

"By Allah! I am not afraid that you will worship others along with Allah after my death" (Bukhari - Volume 2, book 23, number 428).

Now what you believe is upon you but what I question is why do we teach religious harmony by propagating the celebration of Christmas (a festival which explicitly praises Hazrat Isa A.S as the son of Allah which is definitely shirk), dubbing it as religious tolerance and yet we act extremely intolerant towards sects in our own religion especially when we have no inside knowledge about them.
What brought this long dialogue about:



Image may contain: text
Somebody commented on a social platform that he would rather be Hindu than accepting these people who worship shrines. (Reemphasizing at this point that no one except the highly uneducated people can be blamed for worshiping shrines and even then unintentionally and Islam is highly dependent on intentions so I believe that the mercy of Allah and his forgiveness is not entirely beyond their hopes)
I remember when my Islamiat teacher taught me that when one accepts Islam, Allah forgives all his previous sins and he is cleansed of them as if he was just born. In my naviety I asked her why don't people then just convert to Christianity or Hinduism or any other religion temporarily and change back to Islam? In my innocence, I thought this to be the easiest way towards being pardoned for our sins and she said if one does apostate from the religion intentionally by mocking the religion/ any of its cardinal principles he has commited high treason and MAY be subjected to death after being allowed time for repentance. (MAY is the keyword. Different Islamic juridiscations agree on different punishments however it does remain an act of high treason).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking diet cues from your toddler

Letter "A"

Fear of Examination