Dissolving Boundaries!

Ache:
Brought about by confusion
When we latch onto pain for so long
That then things stop making sense.
And from behind the veil of suffering, the word ache blurs into achay
Leaving me confused evermore
And I pondered over it
Over what tickled her to ask me to write on achay (nice) when I was in pain
Inattentive to anything remotely good around
And I tried unsuccessfully to blend the word achay with meaningful English words.
My efforts were comical-
Not sliding easily from the tongue
Struggling against the gulf of "irshaad" and "silence of anticipation;"

Two cultures;
One that appreciated talent with raucousness, appreciating, encouraging-
Satisfied with the artist knowing the art
Invigouring the mehfil with echoes of "waah waah."
The other culture more benign,
Silently beseeching the artist to preach
And through rapt attention they would learn,
Trying to master words as the artist uttered
Considering the talent not imbued from birth,
Or at least not limited to that
So they in silent rapture learn
And I tried to learn to bring the two cultures together.
Contain the west and east in my verse.
To yield something in between
A balance
A balance that encourages appreciation for the well-versed
While keeping alight the fervour to be one amongst.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking diet cues from your toddler

Letter "A"

Fear of Examination