Letter "A"

 (An engaging story written to personify alphabets for young children)

She sang her sweet song and strolled through the lush jungle.

As she went deeper into the forest, she heard a panicked cry. It was the roar of a lion, but it sounded like the animal was in great distress. She looked around but there was no one in sight. Her heart started to plummet. Something strange must have happened. I must see what is wrong. She  followed the anguished roar deeper into forest until she came across a lion who was bound in a net.

“Oh finally, someone heard my cries! Please save me! Free me from this net!” pleaded the lion. “The hunters will come at dawn, and if they find me here, they will cut me up and have me for their lunch.”

The girl was confused. What if the lion pounced on her the instant she freed him? She was scared of his strength.

“How do I know that you will not attack me once I save your life? You must promise to let me go in return for my kindness.” conditioned the girl.

“Oh kind girl I promise to let you go! Don’t you know that kindness always reaps kindness? You save my life today, and in return, I will help you whenever you need me. You just have to come to my den and ask for my help,” promised the lion.

So the girl trusted the lion and freed him. He thanked her and left.

The girl, too, went along her adventures but she stopped when she came across a pond.

“Ah! I have sung the whole day, but now I must drink water,” the girl [D1] thought to herself.

But as she tried to take the first sip, a frog jumped next to her and stopped her.

Who are you, and how dare you drink water from my pond?” croaked the frog.

“I am very thirsty, Mr, frog. Please let me have some water,” requested the girl.

“You can only have water if you bring me the letter ‘a’,” said the frog[D2] 

The girl did not have the letter ‘a’, but the frog insisted that it was the price  she must pay if she wanted water.

The girl then remembered the promise of the lion and went to him for help.

“Mr. lion, you must help me! I am very thirsty, but the frog has told me that he will only let me drink water from the pond if I give him the letter ‘a’. Can you help me find the letter ‘a’?”

The lion thought hard about the problem, but then he had an idea.

“I know from where you can get the letter ‘a.’ You know that lions can roar and growl, and both sound the very same. I can give you the ‘a’ from my roar, but I will still be able to growl,” suggested the lion.[D3] 

The girl was very happy. The lion gave her the letter ‘a’ and growled at the girl in farewell. She thanked the lion for the help and gave the letter to the frog in exchange for the water. Then, she continued on her way.

 

 


 [D1]Also either call her princess or girl-gets confusing

 [D2]Good job!!!

 [D3]Lovely!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking diet cues from your toddler

Fear of Examination