Mixed Palette

Hypocrisy. Two faces of a man.
Deceit and ultimately the unveiling of the truth to reveal the dubious being within, which is unworthy of trust and respect.
I have seen people speak eloquently about respect, acclaim the virtue of doing so and yet i have observed them treat the world around them as nothing but vain, where each next person is a stranger who commands hostility. Its mind boggling how varying the conduct of man is from his words, the gulf between his deeds and his sayings as if embalming words can soothe the wounds caused by his misdeeds, ride over his history of atrociousness. If you are among those hypocrites, (which I hope you're not), wake up, for this world is the lifting of shrouds for the revelation of truth and one day I will look through this phony righteousness that you have donned as a mask, and that day I will dislike you all the more for I will be privy to the contrast between what a great person you could have have been if you had been accountable to your own frivolous words and the hollow of a man you really are.
Is it not scary to know that someday, someone might call your bluff and you will be struggling to seek shelter from the humiliation that you have invited upon yourself? Or maybe you need to have an awakened conscience before I question you on your twisted, crippled moral sense.
Sometimes, some days, I am gripped with a fear, a devastating, overpowering fear that maybe, unknowingly I am being a hypocrite with somebody and that day I force myself to forgive all the pretentious people in my life, hoping that the "someone" I betrayed with the inconsistency of my character will find it in himself to forgive me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter "A"

Taking diet cues from your toddler

"Morality is a private and costly luxury." Henry Adams