Escape

Black.
Black is beautiful for it does not require explanation.

It is the negation of everything.
Absence of colours. Not an absence of meaning for I intend it for a purpose, the purpose being to escape.

Sometimes I wish for life to cease – end into the abyss of darkness, the blackness of my slumbers. Sometimes I wish to escape my identity – an identity awarded to me by others where people recognize me for my smile and joviality. I feel lost when that smile disappears and yes it disappears. Disappears for days. For endless, excruciating days when I do not know how to move forward, how to make sense of events and incidents for my identity has marooned me. That smile that disappears leaves me handicapped. Those days I lean on black, mirroring the wistfulness of my life when my mind exhorts me to be myself as if I am nothing other than radiance and positivity but my heart – my heart asks me to just stop – disappear, disappear into nothing and black is the best way for this to be.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking diet cues from your toddler

Letter "A"

Fear of Examination